This awning has many uses. Although designed for the rear of your camping rig, this awning is perfectly at home on the side of any vehicle, especially if you have a shorter roof rack that can't/won't accommodate a longer awning. The length when stored is just under 5 ft, so even if you only have load bars, you can rock this awning no problem.
This awning weighs 28lbs, so keep that in mind when you are planning your tent/rack/awning combo.
From the manufacturer:
Your camping collateral wouldn't be complete without the 4WD travellers companion: the Eclipse Awning. The Eclipse 180° Rear Awning is designed to be mounted to the rear of your vehicle supplying shade and protection to your rear set up. Not limited to only the rear, it can also be mounted as a side awning.
Features & Specifications
- 4m² of cover easily mounted to rear of vehicle
- Can be side mounted for those preferring a smaller side awning
- Designed as a freestanding unit for easy set up and pack down only
- Easily set up by one person
- Hinged from both ends, the awning spans 4.6m
- The Eclipse 180° Rear Awning features two pivoting alloy telescopic leg poles which are neatly stowed along the rafter when packed away
- Two additional leg poles in a separate carry bag are also included
- 320gsm poly/cotton grid ripstop canvas
- 1500mm PU waterproofing with HF seam sealing
- Strong lightweight box tube alloy rafter system hinging from heavy duty stainless steel and alloy swivel hinge system
- 2 heavy duty brackets with fixings, holding straps, guy ropes and pegs included
- Optional wall kit available (sold separately)
- Ensure awning is anchored with suppled guy ropes and pegs at all times when in use.
Dimensions: 4200mm L X 1400mm W x 2100mm H (average height)
Packed down: 1500mm L x 130mm W x 180mm H